Current Ranking: #5 out of 32
Date Watched: 07/22/10
Original Ranking: #5 out of 32
Nic says:
There’s not much to say about Inception that hasn’t already been said by the rest of the world. It is every bit as amazing as you’ve heard (and unlike anything you could ever dream of). What I can add, however, is my sincere appreciation for Christopher Nolan’s execution and development of this story. Rumors are he spent somewhere between 8-10 years developing this script, perfecting it along the way. This in itself is an amazing task in a world where great stories like Twilight are being hurried into half-ass movies just to make a quick buck. But not Nolan, he’s in it for the art.
The other thing I love about this movie is the suspense leading up to its release. The trailers revealed very little about the plot, even while including some of the movie’s best scenes!
Amy says:
OK, I hope Nic is talking about the first Twilight, not Eclipse! Because Eclipse was awesome! And it ranks higher than Inception on our movie ranking I might add. (Nic says: “Oh yeah. I meant the first one. Eclipse was much better.”)
I definitely really, really like this movie. I won’t say I love it because there were some holes in the plot, and holes are my biggest movie pet peeve! An example is when Cobb convinces Mal they need to die in order to exit their dream world so they lie down on some train tracks. They were supposed to have grown old together in their dream world and should have been quite old while laying on the tracks, but they both appear young in the scene. What’s up with that? That is one of a few holes that make this movie just not quite perfect.
Despite the holes, it is a very entertaining story with interesting characters, amazing scenes and lots of creativity. It is fun to watch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Inception was a good movie.
ReplyDeleteThe dream world, to some is called a reality.
I guess one can dream of things that in truth it wont come true.:)