Sunday, July 11, 2010

Despicable Me

Current Ranking: #19 out of 33
Date Watched: 07/11/10
Original Ranking: #17 out of 30

Nic says:

Steve Carell definitely has a talent for picking excellent movies. Despicable Me is another great film, filled with humor and inspiration. He disguises his voice very convincingly as Gru, and I often forget Carell is behind that quasi-European accent. Where Despicable Me falls short, however, is it is almost too predictable. When Gru is forced to decide between being a hero to three little orphans or becoming the world’s most legendary villain, we know what he will ultimately choose even before he does.

Nonetheless, the movie hits right on target for comedy. Gru’s minions are hysterical, and I love how they speak in their own language as well as involuntarily become guinea pigs for the lab’s latest experiments.

Amy says:

Despicable Me was indeed a funny movie. It was just a shame the plot was so predictable, as Nic said. With the great previews and star-studded cast, I was excited for the movie and thought it would rank closer to Toy Story 3. But, unlike Toy Story, there were no surprises, very little emotional moments, and nothing truly spectacular about the film. I left somewhat entertained and a bit disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment