Date Watched: 06/24/10
Original Ranking: #19 out of 27
Amy says:
Knight and Day was an okay action flick. It ranked right there with Bounty Hunter, where it has some good parts but ultimately falls a little flat. I was a little surprised I did not hate Tom Cruise, who plays the leading man; I am kind of tired of seeing the former Mission Impossible actor. However, his character’s dry sense of humor actually worked for Cruise, and the chemistry with Cameron Diaz worked for the story. There were a lot of laughs and exciting moments on screen, with a continually hysterical Diaz and too-cool-for-words Cruise. But not enough laughs to make up for the so-so plot. It definitely could have been better.
Nic says:
Tom Cruise has definitely worn out his role as a bad ass missionary. The only role I really want to see him reprise is Tropic Thunder’s Les Grossman. (However, upon reviewing his IMDB filmography, I see he is already working on Mission Impossible 4. Also, did you know his birth name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV??? No wonder he’s crazy… he’s the fourth to have that ridiculous name!)
Sorry, back to the movie. The plot is nothing new, something was stolen that needs to be kept away from bad people who seek to exploit it (heck, this could’ve been Mission Impossible 4), but Diaz’ and Cruise’s dynamic is new. They attract to each other instantly, and spend most of the movie trying to save each other from being killed. No, wait… that’s not new either.

No comments:
Post a Comment